Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Week 31- Volume

Untitled

This week we learned about volume. We started the week by using 24 cubes to see how many different rectangular prisms we could make. I also have a great resource for teaching volume that I found on teachers pay teacher: Teaching Volume Unit.

Untitled

I also had some students that learned how to play Flip 4, a new game we have.

Untitled

I went to a math workshop this week and found a few other new games I need to get!

Untitled

Here is one activity that was shared at the workshop.

Untitled Untitled


Untitled Untitled

We have been finishing up our study of the planets and the kids have really enjoyed working in groups to learn about the planets.

Untitled

STUDENTS: What is your favorite game to play in the classroom? We have a lot of games so share one game that you like to play and explain how to play it.

6 comments:

  1. My favorite games to play is blurt. how you play is someone rolls a die, then they read a question and you have to BLURT the answer, if you get it right you get to move say they rolled a six then you get to move six spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite game is Blurt because u are try to get the anewr for the quextion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite game is that Detective Game. First you have to pick a card, if you get it right you roll the die. And then you move the number of spaces you rolled on the die.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite game is smart mouth. First you slide the slider and letters come out one that is green and one that is orange. Then you have to come up with a word that starts with the green letter and ends with the orange letter. Its really easy and that's my favorite game.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My faverite game is detective because is a grammer game and it just awsome

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get a card the you read it hen you have to say a b or c if you get it write then you roll the dice the if you get on top serect you get to read the card and if ypu get it write you roll again then you its the other person turn

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. Students, make sure to answer the question of the week to earn your ticket for the good job jar. If you have trouble posting your comment just e-mail it to me and I'll post it for you.